AmazonSmile — A New Way to Give
Support the Friends through AmazonSmile. Instead of going to the Amazon site directly, go to smile.amazon.com and click on “Friends of the Fanwood Memorial Library Inc.” Amazon will then donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible items to the Friends.
Who We Are & What We Do
The Friends is a group of volunteers who help the town library be all that it can be. Established in 1986, we have become a 501(c)3 group that raises money for extras beyond the library’s annual budget — services, special items and programs — while promoting the joy of reading and use of other media. A board (see below) leads our membership of nearly 175 single and family members.
We are proud of:
- Funding all programs for children and adults
- Co-sponsoring the Museum Pass program with the Scotch Plains Library Friends
- Co-hosting many of the adult programs
- Contributing to the recent renovation of the children’s room
- Raising nearly $10,000 at our annual book sale
- Providing funds for computers, projectors, and similar technology
Join us! Adults and teens are welcome! We begin our annual membership year every spring when we mail our newsletter with a form attached to all residents and members. But feel free to join anytime. Many people join because they are library lovers or users and appreciate how much they get for their tax dollar.
Join online or pick up a form from the library.
Your Friends membership card entitles you to first pick at our annual book sale, 5 free DVD rentals, email updates (including what’s happening at area museums), and discounts at these local businesses:
- Fanwood Bagel
- Norman’s Hallmark
- Scotchwood Florist
- Double Dipper Cafe
- Crown Jewelers
- Oh’ Brian’s Pourhouse
- The Town Book Store in Westfield
When you stop in at a shop, present your membership card. And please thank the staff for their generous support.
Become a Sponsor for $25, and you get a stainless steel Friends logo water bottle and all member benefits above. A contribution of $50 or more will add your name to our OVER-THE-TOP list and qualify you to receive the water bottle or a Friends logo umbrella, and all member benefits above. Families may join for $20 and individuals for $15.
Click here to join the Friends.(Don’t forget to send in your check)
Contributions are tax deductible, and please remember us if your company participates in a Matching Gifts Program.
Make your check payable to “Friends of the Fanwood Memorial Library,”
and drop it off at the Library or mail it to:
Fanwood Memorial Library
5 Forest Road
Fanwood, NJ, 07023
- Special Events
- Book Sale
The next meeting will be Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 7:00 pm – ALL ARE WELCOME!
All Friends meetings take place at the library. You do not have to be a member to attend.
FRIENDS 2015 Fall Book Sale
Everyone looks forward to this annual fall event held at Forest Road Park. Thanks to Fanwood Borough and the Senior Citizens, we can set up and sell during the last weeks of September. Save your books for our event. A special Friends Preview offers first dibs for members!
We would like to thank everyone who donated, volunteered, purchased or in any way took part in making the 2014 annual book sale such a tremendously successful event… and we’re looking ahead to an even stronger 2015!
The Friends of Fanwood Memorial Library rely on people like you to step up and help. If you are interested in being a volunteer or chairing a committee or the book sale itself, please contact Carol Campell email@example.com.
The FRIENDS of the Fanwood Memorial Library are looking for gently used books, CDs, and DVDs for their fall book sale. Proceeds from the sale pay for all library programs and for equipment and furniture outside the library budget. For the first time this year, the FRIENDS will also be advocating to update the building and services.
2015 DONATION DATES
Bring your donations to Forest Road Park:
- Friday, September 11 – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, September 12 – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday, September 14 – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 15 – 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (late night for those who work 9-5 to volunteer their time or their books!)
- Wednesday, September 16 – 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
2015 SALE DATES
- Thursday, September 17 – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm is Preview Night for Fanwood and Scotch Plains FRIENDS
- Friday, September 18 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, September 19 – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, September 20- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm the sale wraps up with a $7 BAG DAY!
The BOOK SALE is coming up in September. This is our primary fundraiser for the library, and we need your help to make the sale a success. If you’d like to get involved with sorting or selling or both, please let Lori Katz know your availability soon. Also think about involving a friend in the sale. It will ensure successful staffing.
You can sign up with your available times on the clipboard at Fanwood Memorial Library. Or you are welcome to contact Lori at the e-mail address below. Remember to provide your name, contact information, and availability, so she can create a schedule and let you know when you are assigned to work.
We really need you, and the volunteers always have a good time! Contact Lori with any questions you might have. Until the sale… Lori Katz: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your business, especially when you adhere to our guidelines. We hope you’ll attend our 2014 sale on Friends Preview Night and become a member. After you select books to purchase, we will help you place them out of the browsing area. Any books you choose not to purchase need to be returned to their appropriate place. This year we also welcome scanners from 7 pm to 8 pm. Please contact us if you need special accommodation.
For book sale inquiries May to September, contact email@example.com.
Friends Board 2015
The board does most of the organization’s work. But we are assisted by some other great volunteers, most of whom help out at the book sale.
- President – Carol Campell
- Vice President – (vacant)
- Secretary – (vacant)
- Treasurer – David Richard
- Communications – Mindy Matthews
- Member at large – Joan Dickason
- Member at large – Thena Rosahl
- Member at large – Jennifer Rohman
- Member at large – Kathi Wildstein
- Membership – Matilda Francis
- Publicity, Newsletter – Katherine Balch, Annette Madarasz
- Book Sale – (vacant)
- Museum Pass Program – Jane Van Haasteren