The Fanwood Memorial Library offers meeting room space to further the Libraryís mission. Meeting space will be made available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
1. The business of Fanwood Memorial Library takes precedence over all other activities in the use of its meeting areas.
2. Priority in scheduling will go to primarily Library-oriented activities such as book reviews, lectures, discussion groups, concerts, film and art programs, childrenís story hours, and Library institutes and training programs.
3. Meeting rooms may be used by groups holding meetings of a civic, cultural or educational nature. The rooms may also be used by established non-partisan organizations for the discussion of current events or of current election issues by candidates for public office provided that all candidates for the same office have been invited.
4. Groups wherein the point of view is wholly partisan or sectarian may NOT use meeting rooms for meetings, nor may the meeting spaces be used for the benefit of private individuals or for commercial purposes.
5. Application for use shall be by a registered patron who lives or works in Fanwood or Scotch Plains.
6. Application for use shall be made to the Library between two and six weeks in advance of the date; and the rooms shall be reserved no longer than three months at a time.
7. Until further notice there will be no charge for the use of the Fanwood Room. If use of the rooms proves to be a financial or administrative burden to the Library, a fee may be imposed.
8. Payment of gratuities to any Library employee is prohibited.
9. Donations to the Library Gift Fund in lieu of any fees are graciously accepted.
10. Any incident must be reported to the Library staff member in charge who will fill out the mandated incident report.
11. Organizations should use the meeting rooms as they exist; therefore, no furniture or equipment may be moved or used without prior permission. Chairs should be returned to original location upon completion of the meeting, and lights should be turned off.
12. Coffee and light refreshments may be served. All food and serving utensils must be removed at the end of the meeting. The Library cannot provide storage for any groupís supplies.
13. All meetings must end fifteen minutes before Library closing time to allow cleanup and exit before the Library is locked. No individual may be inside the Library without staff present. All public should exit through the main door unless an actual emergency evacuation is required.
14. A representative from the group must both sign in at the circulation desk as well as sign out with the actual number of attendees to be recorded.
15. A disclaimer shall be posted outside all meeting areas stating the use of the meeting room by a group does not imply endorsement by the Fanwood Memorial Library of the policies or purpose of that group.
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: February 8, 2016