1. All groups wishing to use Library Facilities/Grounds must make application in writing on the Library Facilities/Grounds Application Form. Permission to use facilities or grounds is to be approved by the Library Board or its designee, the Library Director. The Library Board or its agent reserves the right to approve or deny any application. Permission to use Facilities/Grounds is not transferable.
2. Facilities or grounds may be used only when Library staff or custodian is on duty.
3. The Board or its designee must be assured that adequate supervision has been provided prior to approval.
4. The granting of a permit for use of facilities or grounds confers no privilege for the use of any area equipment or materials other than that approved on the application.
5. The user assumes full legal responsibility for breakage or damage to Library property.
6. Smoking shall not be permitted in the Library facility.
7. No food or beverage shall be served in the Library except in the meeting room.
8. Any misuse or abuse of facilities or grounds shall cause termination of use permission.
9. The Board carries insurance to cover its legal liability. It assumes no liability of the lessee. The Board requires that the lessee complete the Hold Harmless Agreement on the application form.
CONDITIONS FOR USE
1. All groups wishing to use Library Facilities/Grounds must fill out the application for use and have such application approved by the Board of Trustees. Approved applications are not transferable. The Board of Trustees or its agents reserve the right to approve or deny an application for use of Library facilities and grounds.
2. The Library Director must be satisfied that adequate provisions for supervision have been made prior to approval.
3. Permits may be cancelled by the applicant by notifying the Library Director forty-eight hours in advance of the date reserved.
4. Violation by a permit-holder of any of the regulations governing the use of the Library building or grounds may be the cause for cancellation of all existing permits and the denial of any permits in the future.
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: February 8, 2016