Library patrons who are at least 18 years of age may check out the iPad from the Circulation Desk for up to 60 minutes, for in-house use ONLY. Patrons who are 14-17 years of age may check out the iPad if they have signed parent/guardian permission. Those under the age of 14 are encouraged to use the children's iPads or the teen iPad, and may not check out the iPad. This library service is subject to availability. The iPads must remain in the library building during use and are to be used only by the person who checks it out, unless assistance is needed.
To check out the iPad, a patron must:
- Submit his/her own current library card and a valid driver's license/photo ID.
- Be in good standing (no fines or overdues).
- The driver's license/photo ID will be returned to the patron when the patron returns the iPad. Under no circumstances may a patron use another person's library card.
Library patrons who check out the iPad must first sign an agreement to the following:
- I will immediately inspect the iPad upon checking it out and agree that it is in good condition.
- I will not tamper with hardware or existing software. I agree to protect this equipment from theft and/or damage.
- I agree to go to the library Circulation Desk immediately if this equipment is damaged, lost, stolen, or malfunctioning.
- I understand that if I leave the iPad unattended, I accept full financial responsibility for any damage to the iPad or the replacement costs (up to $800) for a missing iPad and any missing accompanying equipment.
- I agree to return the iPad to the Circulation Desk by the time due and personally give it to a library staff member before I leave the library.
- I understand that this equipment is a 60-minute library loan and cannot leave the building. I will not take the iPad from the library. Additional time may be available if no one is waiting.
- I understand that even if I have not used the iPad for a full 60 minutes, I must return it to the Circulation Desk no later than 10 minutes before the library closes.
- I agree to accept full financial responsibility for failure to return the iPad and accompanying equipment, and any damage incurred to the iPad through abuse, misuse, or operation contrary to any instructions supplied with the iPad while it is in my care or my child's care. Replacement cost (including processing and software) of the iPad and accompanying equipment is up to $800.
- I will not violate any of the policies specified in the library's Internet Use Policy.
- I understand that if I am using sound-enabled resources, I must supply and wear my own headphones.
- I understand that the library is not responsible for damage to any disk, computer, or for any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from use of these devices or malfunctioning library hardware or software.
* Special PRIVACY ALERT for iPad users: The library disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from that loss, and accepts no responsibility for breach of privacy. We recommend that no personal information be entered at any time using a library iPad. Unless you personally clear the history, the cache, and the cookies yourself, your privacy is at risk. If you log in to any service, please be certain to log out. Otherwise, your privacy is at risk.
Library iPad privileges will be revoked in the Library's sole discretion if a borrower violates any part of this agreement or other library policies. In addition, if a patron has a current balance of over $5.00 or seriously delinquent materials, the patron will be prohibited from iPad use. I have read all of the statements listed above and I agree to abide by these terms and conditions of use.
Date: ________________ Staff Initials: ________________
Patron's Printed Name: ___________________________________
Patron's Signature: ______________________________________
Library Card #: ___________________________________
Parent/Guardian's Printed Name: ___________________________________
Parent/Guardian's Signature: ___________________________________
* As a parent or guardian, I understand that I am responsible if the iPad is damaged, lost or stolen while checked out by my child.
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: November 9, 2015
Revised: February 8, 2016