1. Patrons are responsible for their personal items when visiting the library. The library is not responsible for personal items left in the library by patrons.
2. Items or money lost in the Fanwood Memorial Library and found by the staff, or turned in by another patron, will be kept at the Circulation Desk.
3. If a patron whose items have been turned in to the Library can satisfactorily identify their property the item(s) will be returned to its owner.
4. If the owner of the item can be determined, staff will attempt to contact the owner in a timely manner.
5. Hazardous and perishable items are discarded immediately.
6. Items left unclaimed after three months will be disposed of by being discarded, turned over to the Police Department, or donated to charity, as appropriate.
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: February 8, 2016