Many of the books mentioned below are available as eBooks and audiobooks through eLibraryNJ / Libby.
Reading Recommendations for Adults
- Publishers Weekly Non-Fiction Antiracist Reading List
- NY Times Reading Recommendations from Black Cultural Figures
- An Antiracist Reading List
Antiracism Resources for Kids
- A NJ teacher’s viral list of books on racism, diversity, self-love, empowerment, history, education, and understanding
- The Coretta Scott King Book Awards
- NY Times list of Antiracist Books for Kids
- Diverse Books Resources for Race, Equality and Inclusion
- Teaching Tolerance-racism-protest.html
- Helping Kids Rise
- The Joint Committee for Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation was created by the mayors and councils of Scotch Plains and Fanwood, in partnership with the Board of Education, and Social Justice Matters. Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT) is a comprehensive, multi-year national and community-based process to bring about transformational and sustainable change. The TRHT Joint Committee was organized to do the hard work in our communities to live up to the ideal of being the truly welcoming and inclusive towns that we imagine that we are, or would like to be.