Mission Statement of the Fanwood Memorial Library|
The mission of the Fanwood Memorial Library is to add value to the community by providing citizens of all ages with Library services of high professional quality; to meet their evolving and on-going needs for educational, cultural, and recreational information; to promote literacy and lifelong learning; and to foster a love of reading.
To fulfill its mission, the Library:
- Affirms the right of all individuals to equal access to its resources and services.
- Employs a knowledgeable and well-trained staff committed to customer service.
- Keeps apace with, and uses effectively the ever-changing world of technology to access information needs.
Every library attempts to meet the variety of needs of its community, and the Fanwood Memorial Library is no exception. To fulfill our mission, and to help us to most effectively meet those needs, the Library staff will attempt to allocate resources to support these priority areas.
- Providing a gateway to the New Jersey Library Network and the global information superhighway
- Serving as a center for reading, literacy and lifelong learning -- a people's university which provides access to the acquired wisdom of the ages as well as exposure to contemporary ideas and information
- Connecting people who need information about community services, organizations and issues with local agencies
- Supporting intellectual growth and achievement for individuals of all ages who may be engaged in a formal course of study or self-directed learning
- Providing equal access to information needed for informed daily living, decision making, problem solving and thoughtful participation in community affairs
- Promoting early literacy with an emphasis on making lifelong readers of children and teens who are lifelong readers
- Offering community gathering space that provides opportunities for interaction consistent with the Library's emphasis on information and reading
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: February 8, 2016