Public Computer Guidelines|
The Library's Public Internet Computers:
- Anyone may sign up at the Circulation Desk for a free Internet session. You must log -on to a session using your Library card number. If you are not a member of the Library and don't have a Library card, a number or password will be provided for you at the Circulation Desk.
- Internet sessions are 1 hour. Users may continue if no one is waiting.
- From 3 to 6 PM school days Internet sessions are one hour. One session only.
- The workstation in the Young Adult area is for the primary use of young adults (users from 12 to 18 years of age).
- A time limit of 2 hours per day, per patron may be enforced.
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied and supervised by someone 14 or older.
- Public Computers are virus-protected but the Library cannot guarantee against or assume responsibility for damage to USB memory sticks or their contents.
- Viewing of certain materials in the public Library and other uses of the Internet may be considered improper in time, place or manner. The Library's Internet public computers provide filtered content in the Children's Department, but not on the workstations in the Adult area. Viewing of sites that allow access to potentially offensive and/or illegal materials will not be tolerated and Public Computer use privileges may be suspended in the Library's sole discretion.
- The Library may end an Internet session if a patron is in violation of the Library Rules of Conduct.
- Provide Internet Access and access to the MS Office suite of programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Permit uploading, downloading, printing, and saving to and from USB flash drives. (Patrons must provide thier own drives)
- Do not permit CD-ROM access.
Wireless Internet Access
- The Library provides for both color and black and white printing.
- Every page printed from the public workstations will be charged at $.50 each for color and $.20 each for black and white.
- No refunds will be given for pages printed by mistake or inadvertently.
- It is the patron's responsibility to make sure that ALL pages sent to the print release station are ones meant to be printed.
- Print preview in the web browser and/or help from the library staff is available to ensure that no unwanted pages are printed.
- The printer are located near the public workstations.
- Wireless printing is also available from laptops and mobile devices. The wireless printer is located behind the circulation desk. Please see a staff member to collect and pay for your prints.
The Library provides free wireless Internet connectivity for patrons who wish to bring laptop computers, tablets, iPads, phones or other devices with wireless capability. (Presently we have only a limited number of electrical outlets available for charging)
NOTICE: All library patrons should be aware that computers utilized by them may be subject to evaluation by the appropriate authorities in accordance with New Jersey and federal law.
Board of Trustees
Approved: June 8, 2009
Revised: November 9, 2015
Revised: February 8, 2016